This year, we challenge you to join us as we pledge to cycle 2013 miles to raise £2013 for ADRA (Adventist Development Relief Agency). The money we raise will go to the annual appeal, which this year will go to improving living conditions in Burkina Faso, and schooling in Burma.
Find more information about ADRA’s annual Appeal 2013
Individuals who participate can choose to raise money for local charities, such as the Hobart Road Homeless Project, and the Romsey Community Garden. Any funds raised above our target, will be shared equally across these projects.
So how do you join in?
- Download a Sponsorship form, Participant Personal Record Form and Bike Ride Flyer
- Collect sponsors
- Cycle with us on Sunday 31st March, Sunday 7th April, and Sunday 14th April. Cycle during the week to clock up additional miles. Don’t forget to pre-register for the group rides below!
- After the period has ended, collect all the money from the sponsors and hand it in to the Cambridge SDA church on Hobart Road.
So grab your bike, your safety gear, lots of friends and relatives, and lets help make a difference doing something active!
Group Ride Routes
Sunday 31st March 2013 – DONE!
– Starting at Marmora Road, heading north-west to Guided Busway – taking Guided Busway towards St. Ives (not necessarily all the way) – return to Marmora Road
Sunday 7th April 2013
– Starting at Marmora Road – heading north to river Cam – cycle along the river to Milton Country Park – time to play at the park – return to Marmora Road
Sunday 14th April 2013
– Starting at Marmora Road – heading east-north-east towards Bottisham – Reach – Wicken Fen (not necessarily all the way) – return to Marmora Road
None of the routes have set distances, each day the full distance will be decided by the group, depending on dynamic group and the weather.
Group Ride Registration